The Division of Governmental, Educational and International Policies is composed of about 200 members whose educational attainment range from Baccalaureate to Doctoral degree. They are competent researchers and scientists who are currently connected and/or distinguished members of the academe, government and private sectors. Their research expertise helps the Council in the providing professional advice and assistance to policy and law makers concerning national and international interests, issues and concerns.
This Division aims to promote research and development to a higher level of professionalism in order to be an efficient and effective partner of the government in finding solutions to current issues on the quality of life, literacy, politics, economy and crime. Thus, this Division has committed to:
- identify issues and concerns regarding government policies and international relations and make considerable and significant recommendations in finding solution(s);
- involve all the members of the Division in the conduct of research that may contribute to the revision and/or formulation of relevant policies on government, education and international relations;
- participate actively in the dissemination of relevant research findings to attain its maximum utilization.
Moreover, in consideration of the country’s vision of Philippines 2000, i.e., to be globally competitive before the turn of the next millennium, this Division has formulated new guidelines for the evaluation and approval of project proposals. On the other hand, to focus all researches particularly to the immediate needs and interests of government, education and international policies, it has formulated the RESEARCH AGENDA.
- The research may be multidisciplinary in scope and should have significant contribution to knowledge.
- The research should contribute to the promotion and development of the research methodology being used by policy and law makers.
- The research should address national matters and problems.
- The research on international policies should contribute to the development and promotion of foreign policies. Research should also enhance the leadership role of the country both in the regional and international level.
- The research should relate the impact of the national issues both to the regional and international level.
- The researcher upon completion of the projects should write a popular article on the findings for the public dissemination.
- Crime Rates Before and After Legalizing Capital Punishment
- Performance of Male and Female Supervisors in Government Offices
- Political Culture of Filipinos: Its Implications to Philippine Bureaucracy
- Identification of Practices that Hinder Effective Performance of Government Offices
- Configuration of the Members of the Senate and the House of Representatives: A Correlational Study of Their Performance
- Level(s) of Political Maturity Among Politicians
- Assessment of the 1991 Local Government Code
- Expanding the Tax Base
EQUITY AND ACCESS
- Equivalence of Basic Education and Degree Programs in the Philippines and Other Countries
- Inclusive Education for Children with Special Needs
- Gender Sensitivity of Curriculum and Instructions
- Comparative Effectiveness of Distance and Residential Education Modes
QUALITY AND EXCELLENCE
- Articulation Between Basic and Tertiary General Education Programs
- Computers, CD-ROMS and Internet Education
- Misconceptions of Students and Teachers: Assessment and Teaching Strategies
- Non-traditional Assessment of Student Assessment
- Development of Creative and Other High-Level Thinking Skills
- Development of Models and Paradigms in Education
RELEVANCE AND RESPONSIVENESS
- Development and Life Skills and Emotional Intelligence in Basic and Higher Education
- Teaching Strategies and Evaluation of Curricula for Exceptional Children
- Institutional Characteristics for an Effective Special Education Program
- Environmental Education and Sustainable Development
- Linkage Between University and Graduate Programs and Industry Needs
- Women Migrant Workers
- Strengthening of International Cooperation for Solution of Problems Faced by Indigenous People
- Child Abuse and/or Exploitation: Its Prevention and Minimization