In celebration of the 2016 National Science and Technology Week , the National Research Council of the Philippines of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST-NRCP)) is conducting a Poster Making Contest for Grades 7, 8, 9, and 10. These are the contest mechanics and guidelines:
1. The contest is open to Grades 7, 8, 9, and 10 students from any public or private schools.
2. The poster must illustrate, interpret and emphasize the theme:
JUAN SCIENCE, ONE NATION:
Magandang Bukas mula sa Pagtuklas at Makabagong Teknolohiya
3. Thirteen (13) finalists will be selected from all entries, from which NRCP shall choose one (1) grand winner and two (2) runners up (1st and 2nd). The artist of the winning poster will receive a P5,000.00 cash prize and a Plaque of Excellence, while 1st and 2nd runners up shall receive P3,000.00 and P2,000.00, respectively.
4. All 13 poster finalists will be featured in the 2017 DOST-NRCP Calendar. The winning poster will be featured on the cover of the Calendar and will be part of the cover design of the Annual Report Publication of NRCP. All finalists will be given Certificates of Participation (student) and Appreciation (art coach and school).
5. The entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
6. The poster must be done in free hand using the following materials (to be provided by contestant):1
- A ¼ -size illustration board (white background, vertical orientation) and regular pencil
- Permitted coloring materials: oil pastel/craypas, markers, ink, oil, acrylic and water color
7. Official school entries must be submitted to NRCP on or before 21 July 2016 with letter of endorsement addressed to Dr. Marieta Bañez Sumagaysay, NRCP Executive Director, at National Research Council of the Philippines, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City.
8. Shortlisting will be held on 22 July 2016. The awarding ceremonies will be held on July 25, 2016 during the Opening Ceremonies of the DOST 2016 National Science and Technology Week at the NRCP Auditorium.
9. The student-artist is accountable for any issues that may arise with regard to the originality and authenticity of the design. All posters will automatically become official property of the DOST -National Research Council of the Philippines. DOST-NRCP reserves the right to revoke all prizes and titles herein in any case of misrepresentation or fraud, intended or otherwise, committed by any finalist upon due investigation by the DOST NRCP Taskforce for the 2016 NSTW.
1The use of other materials not specified above is strictly prohibited.